Monday, July 9, 2012

Finally, I can cook




This morning Zia and I went to the Centro Comerciale San Nicola. It’s a small mall built outside the city and has one huge anchor store, Carrefour. Many years ago Carrefour was also in America, but a dispute over unions sent the French company packing. At Carrefour, I was able to pick up all of the stuff I needed for the house from cooking ingredients to bar soap for the shower to milk with a reduced lactose content.

We ended up spending almost three hours there and when we got back it was time for lunch. I made lunch, cleaned a little, and waited for Zia. She asked me to take her to her house in San Severo about 45 minutes away so she could pick up some clothes and shoes (her shoes broke the other day). On our way into the town, we got a call from my cousin Vincenzo’s wife Mariella and made plans to go there after Zia’s house. It was a great night catching up with family.